The objectives of the Subclass 600 visa are to:
- facilitate the entry of genuine tourists, business and family visitors;
- support the integrity of Australia's migration programs; and
- contribute to Australia's economic development, and social and cultural enrichment.
The principles governing the entry of Subclass 600 visa holders to Australia are that they must:
- genuinely intend to visit Australia temporarily;
- not work unlawfully
- not engage in studies or training for more than 3 months
- have, or have access to, adequate means to support themselves for the duration of their visit; and
- intend to comply with all visa conditions and stay periods.
- No Work Rights
- Only available to Chinese Applicants
- Up to 10 years visa validity
Visa Application Checklist
Genuine intention to visit Australia temporarily, considering:
- Previous visa compliance
- Intention to comply with Subclass 600 conditions
- Any other relevant matter
Adequate means of support
Exceptional circumstances must exist if an applicant's period of stay in Australia would exceed 12 consecutive months
- one or more visitor visas (Subclass 600, 601 and 651 visas);
- a Subclass 417 (Working Holiday) visa;
- a Subclass 462 (Work and Holiday) visa;
- a bridging visa.
Frequent Traveller Stream
The applicant intends to visit Australia:
(a) as a tourist; or
(b) to engage in a business visitor activity.