With this visa, you can
- live, work and study in Australia while we process your permanent Partner visa
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
- attend free English language classes provided by the Adult Migrant English Program if you are eligible
The visa applicant must:
- be in a genuine relationship with your spouse or de facto partner who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when we decide your temporary visa application. Family who apply with you must also be in Australia
- Temporarily while we process your permanent Partner visa (subclass 801) application or it is withdrawn.
Cost and Processing Times
- From AUD7,850 for most applicants. From AUD1,310 for Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) holders.
- You pay for the temporary and the permanent visa at the same time.
- 25% of applications: 6 months
- 50% of applications: 9 months
- 75% of applications: 21 months
- 90% of applications: 33 months
The processing time for a Permanent Partner visa (subclass 801 or 100) starts from the date of eligibility. This is 2 years after the combined subclass 820/801 or 309/100 visa application was lodged. We are processing some older and more complex Partner visa applications. These cases can take longer to finalise and impact our published processing times.