EVIDENCE OF FURTHER FUNDS AND LIVING COSTS-(Paragraphs 570.613(3)(b), 572.613(3)(b), 573.613(3)(b), 574.613(3)(b), 575.613(3)(b) and 5B102(1)(a), clause 580.111 and subclause 5A104(1))-IMMI 14/004
Key Words: 570,580,evidence of funds.living costs
- This Instrument is made under Schedule 2, paragraphs 570.613(3)(b), 572.613(3)(b), 573.613(3)(b), 574.613(3)(b), 575.613(3)(b) and clause 580.111; and schedule 5A, subclause 5A104(1); and schedule 5B, paragraph 5B102(1)(a) of the Migration Regulations 1994 (‘the Regulations’).
- Subclause 5A104(1) and paragraphs 5B102(1)(a) and 580.111 of the Regulations provides the living costs a student visa applicant must declare, and demonstrate having access to, is an amount specified in an instrument in writing.
- Paragraphs 570.613(3)(b), 572.613(3)(b), 573.613(3)(b), 574.613(3)(b), and 575.613(3)(b), of the Regulations provide for an additional requirement in relation to the further amount of funds from an acceptable source a student visa applicant must demonstrate having access to. These paragraphs apply if:
- the student is subject to an assessment level of 3,
- proposes to study in Australia for 10 months or less, and
- does not want to be granted a student visa subject to Condition 8534 - this condition prevents a student from being granted a further substantive visa while in Australia (except for a protection visa, student visa, Subclass 497 (Graduate – Skilled) visa or Subclass 580 visa).
- The purpose of the Instrument is to specify the living costs amount and the further amounts of funds for student visa purposes as AUD $18 610 per year. The Instrument is updated to remove reference to paragraph 5A302(b) pertaining to assessment level 5, which has become redundant. Assessment levels 4 and 5 have been removed from the Regulations as part of the simplification of the Student visa Assessment level Framework (recommendation 3 of the Review of the Student Visa Assessment Level Framework 2013).