The purpose of the instrument is to determine the maximum number of visas that may be granted for certain classes of visas in the 2021‑2022 financial year between 1 July 2021 and 30 June 2022 (inclusive). The instrument covers the following visa classes (with item numbers referring to items in Schedule 1 to the Migration Regulations 1994 (the Migration Regulations)):
Contributory Parent classes of visas
- Contributory Parent (Migrant) (Class CA) visa (item 1130);
- Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) (Class DG) visa (item 1130A);
- Contributory Parent (Temporary) (Class UT) visa (item 1221);
- Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) (Class UU) visa (item 1221A).
Parent classes of visas
- Parent (Migrant) (Class AX) visa (item 1124);
- Aged Parent (Residence) (Class BP) visa (item 1124A).
Other Family classes of visas
- Other Family (Migrant) (Class BO) visa (item 1123A);
- Other Family (Residence) (Class BU) visa (item 1123B).